Monday, July 8, 2013

Here in Quebec City...

View of Basse-Ville, Quebec City pencil 7"x7"
This has been my fourth day in this busy and fascinating place, and I'm still adjusting. I live in a small town in Pennsylvania (it's been 15 years since I lived in Philadelphia), and so it's taking me a while to get used to the traffic, lack of parking, and noise of this city of 700,000.

As far as Old Québec goes (Vieux-Québec), unlike the images in advertisements, the cobblestone streets are clotted with tourists. So, I have been focusing on drawing and taking reference photos, although I did a quick oil sketch yesterday in what I thought was a relatively tranquil spot. My easel attracted a ton of visitors anyhow, so I guess I just have to get used to it.

Another adjustment for me is using my new iPad for blogging, using an App called Blogsy.

4 comments:

  1. I am grateful blogsy works. Gotta love that name!
    These street scene drawing is quite magnificent. You make it look easy and I know it is anything but.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Masterful drawring! Have a great time in Quebec!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com