Saturday, December 28, 2013

Lemon behind Cut Glass

oil on canvas 14" x 16"
click here to bid

I'm feeling a strong pull towards working larger and spending more time on my paintings.  The "Daily Painting Movement" has overall been good to me, but I do believe it's time to start moving on. In fact, I'm so excited about some plans for larger paintings that I've been having trouble sleeping!

Here is an aerial view of a still life that I carefully set up on my little blue table. I like all the circles; the circle of the table, the cloth, the lemon and the roundness of the vase. I also like the way the seashell in the distance looks like it's torpedo-ing towards it all, hoping to create some chaos. 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful painting! Feeling the same way about wanting to work larger. Hoping to do both. Happy New Year Painting, Taryn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work. I like the dancing between the glass the and lemon.
    I cringe when I hear the words, "work larger", but when I do, my creative energy feels happier, stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. id recommend not selling these via auction... big paintings dont do well because everyone wants a deal. Usually the best way to go is to list a price then 'email me'.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com