Sunday, February 2, 2014

Competition Horse

graphite  11"x14"
click here to bid or purchase

I think it's hard to create a good composition of a horse's face. After all, their heads are basically shaped like logs. Beautiful, intelligent and sensitive creatures, but a little tricky to fit on to the paper or canvas just right. Here I think all the empty space works well. 

In case you didn't know, I have another blog about other artist's art. January and February have been devoted to asking other blogging artists to create posts about their favorite one or two paintings from 2013. You might enjoy it.

2 comments:

  1. YES!!
    I have drawn horses since I was a child, but the chopped off horse head (down to the swell of the neck) has always bothered me. This drawing feels so natural. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the negative space too! Beautifully drawn Taryn!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com