Thursday, December 22, 2016

Prints

After all these years, I've finally had one of my paintings successfully scanned and made into
giclée prints. This seemed to work well with the medium of watercolor, and the prints truly do look and feel just like the original.

Here are two images of my last watercolor painting, the first being the one professionally scanned and the second my own photo.  Anyone care to share their thoughts? I'd love to hear what you think. 




Here is a watercolor I've been working on for a while, but I've become frustrated with it. It just doesn't seem to have a big enough idea for me. I'm posting it but not putting it up for sale, because it's not all bad (just not all good!)


3 comments:

  1. I love the subtle colours of your photo. I think the contrast in the professional scan is too high and a lot of detail is lost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Carol. Unfortunately the scan is more like the original. I can't get the white paper to be white enough in my own photos without compromising the values of everything else.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Save your money and do it yourself. Yours is more pleasing to the eye.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com