Monday, March 23, 2020

Seashells on Pink

oil on linen mounted on board 12" x 6"
purchase

The trick for me as an artist is to not allow the anxiety from this pandemic to kill my desire to create. My classes are all cancelled, and my studio mates have moved back to their home studios, so I have plenty of time, which feels strange. 

Here is part of a poem a friend posted the other day that has been helpful for me. Perhaps you'll like it too. 

This is the time to be slow,
Lie low to the wall
Until the bitter weather passes.

Try, as best you can, not to let
The wire brush of doubt
Scrape from your heart
All sense of yourself
And your hesitant light.

If you remain generous,
Time will come good;
And you will find your feet
Again on fresh pastures of promise,
Where the air will be kind
And blushed with beginning.


-John O'Donohue

Excerpt from his books, To Bless the Space Between Us

1 comment:

  1. This is so soothing,both the painting and the poetry. Love them.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com