Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Souderton Feed Mill

oil on paper
6"x6.5"
sold

I'm not sure what this fantastic contraption made up of cylinders, triangles and lines is used for. I think maybe it is a fuel refinery (but please correct me if I'm wrong and I'll change the title). As far as what exactly goes on inside a fuel refinery- um, I really couldn't say but maybe this.


Added later: Guess what?! I heard from one of the owners of this facility, who has corrected me, and boy I sure needed correcting! He says "this is a grain storage facility with accompanying grain-moving equipment such as elevators, augurs, etc. The grain is moved from these outside silos (the cylinders) to equipment inside the feed mill to be processed into bird and animal feed." 


If you have a second, please check out my "Still Life of the Week" over in The Art Room.
  

1 comment:

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com