Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Farewell to my doggie

graphite 6"x8"

Here is my 15 year old wire-haired fox terrier on the last day of her life, which was this past Monday. 

She had a difficult final year, and so I'm glad her suffering is over- but it's still quite sad. In the end, the only time she seemed content was when I held her in my lap, stroking her. Now I wish I'd done more of that. 

I've been working on some larger paintings and experimental stuff, so haven't been posting quite so often. Hope you will bear with me!

8 comments:

  1. So sorry about your sweet little dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayers and sympathy for you loss
    She looks comfortable sleeping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Taryn, sorry for the sadness of losing your friend. It's a beautiful image; it seems to capture the peace mixed with grief that goes together as you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for the loss of your friend, a true ocmpanion.....such a sweet sorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a loving portrait of your dog and so moving. I know it's been a while but I'm sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com