Saturday, September 2, 2017

A Tulip's Shadow

oil on board 6.5"x 6"

I moved into a new studio last week, a space in an industrial building that was once a pants factory. There are about thirty other businesses here, such as a private detective and a kombucha manufacturer, a hair salon and a karate studio. I feel so at home here. The building has such strong bones yet beautiful details. 

This is my first painting completed in my new space, a single tulip on an industrial windowsill, casting an evocative shadow. 

Here's a photo of my space before I moved in. It looks to me almost like an art school classroom. 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new space. Hoping to find something (someday) for myself too, but looks like you got yourself a nice space! The tulip is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren. I'm happy with the size. There could be more windows, but I can make it work.

      Delete
  2. I like the way you described the building. I can tell you will produce exceptional work in it.
    Congratulations and may you enjoy many successful years there.
    Love the tulip, but then I love all your work!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com