Tuesday, February 28, 2012

South Philly Girl, January

graphite on paper
6.75"x7.5"
sold

I was intrigued with the alert pose of this child, watching some aspect of the Mummers parade.

Working in graphite this past week has made me realize how much I miss drawing. I'd like to spend at least one day a week drawing from now on- in a way it clears my head and is a nice change from the goop of paint- and then painting is nicer to come back to after a break. My brushes have arrived so I'll get out the palette.

3 comments:

  1. I always love your paintings and love your drawings as well. It is always a good idea to sketch and you have inspired me to pick up my graphite and pad again. Love reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic! You captured a feeling of movement so needed in a child's portrait. I like the softness too. Very very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love your drawings -- how do you get those broad and expressive marks using a graphite pencil? It's so free and loose, yet so precise!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com