Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Boy in Stripes, Art Museum Steps

oil on board 6.5"x 6"
This boy was bounding down the steps of the Philadelphia Art Museum, only to run right back up to the top and do it all over again. And again. I love backlighting, and was interested in all the diagonals in this scene. Oh, and like most of us, I love watching kids run around.
After thinking about it for ages, I finally got myself an iMac. I'm completely amazed and happy with the difference in quality of visual images compared with my old Dell monitor (nothing against Dell, because it's lovely to be able order a decent desktop for less than $300).
Whereas before I'd be straining my eyes to determine if a subtle color was warm or cool, now it's so easy to see. With iPhoto, I can lighten shadows without lightening the lights. The sense of depth is amazing, and the light from my studio windows doesn't interfere much.
I'll be paying it off for 18 months, but it's entirely worth it (for any of you artists out there). 

3 comments:

  1. Love this painting! Also, love my Mac!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this painting...love the light and the movement in it. I also love my mac...I got one a couple of years ago and have never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This painting of the boy is really amazing. It is like he is right in front of me and moving. Your ability is awesome.
    I am struggling with the thought of spending all that money on a Mac. The love letter you wrote about the difference has made me sit up and take notice. I do not paint from photos often, but I can see from your description it would be handy for when I do.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are important to me- I love to hear what you think. Any private questions? Send an email to awakeandpainting@gmail.com